Thursday, October 28, 2010

Changes....


Lot's of changes around here...I've missed you guys...life has been...interesting?...challenging?...life lately has been difficult to describe...some really good...some...not so much fun..but change is good, right?...I'm still here...and That's a good thing...

I had to close the shop...very sad & bittersweet...I guess it just wasn't the right time for me...




BUT...The kids are wonderful...Crazy...but Wonderful...

The Man is Wonderful too...and I'm a very Lucky Girl...he sees my crazy life and still continues to love & support me...sigh...

The Kitties...well what can I say?...they are adorable...and insane...just like the kids...



Before I knew I was going to have to close the Shop...the Fabulous FiFi came and she and Dan styled the House for an Upcoming article in Romantic Country Magazine...I have no idea when it will appear...but I'll keep you posted...It was SO much fun having them in my home...they were Fantastic!!!...and BIG, BIG news!...FiFi has a new book coming out..I still can't figure out how to link in a post but FiFi's link is right on my sidebar...So go to her blog and get all the details...The sneak peek looks absolutely AWESOME!!!...


I'm working lot's...last count I have three jobs..and I am so grateful for each and every one of them...doesn't leave a lot of time to create.....I'm gonna be doing a give away soon,though...when I can find the things that I set aside to give away that is!!! :-))))
So I'm keeping the Faith in my own way...trying to be grateful for all that I have...

and keeping the Bluebird of Happiness close at hand...

Much love and hugs to all of you...till next time....Me

13 comments:

stefanie said...

wow, lots of changes, but when one door closes....you know the saying!!
how exciting to be in a magazine, cant wait to see...good luck in all your new adventures!

Rose Brier Studio said...

Liz, glad you see you here again and that everything is good and crazy and normal! Congrats on the magazine spread.
~Marilee

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I can see where you would be sad about closing your shop. I think it is all about the economy, 5 years ago or 5 years from now it would be a huge success! Can't wait to see you in the magazine.

Carol

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Well hello there, it is so good to have you back I hope! It's always a joy coming here when you do post. I really like your family photos including your little fur balls.

I'm sorry to hear about your shop, maybe again one day. Congratulations with the magazine... looking forward seeing it.

Let's hope you can link one of these days... hehe Hey I can't even make one of those badge things yet. haha I just don't have the time at the moment to figure those things out yet.

Hugs*

Claudia said...

Oh, Lizzie, I'm so sorry about the shop closing! It seems so many wonderful shops have been victims of this economy. Maybe in the future?

Congrats on the Fifi shoot - I knew about it from Elyse, and I'm so happy for you.

I'm glad everything else is going well for you, my friend.

xo
Claudia

Elyse said...

hi lizzie,

so good to see a new post from you. i've been concerned. my heart sank when i heard about the shop closing -- keep the sign because maybe someday all of the pretty pieces will fall into place. your fabric is so unique and lovely and i hope it brings you much biz online.

i'm so heart-warmed to see you happy with your "Us!" i wish you every happiness. you are such a sweet and tough little cookie.

xo
elyse

Laura said...

So, so sad to hear the shop has closed. My sister, mom, and I frequented your shop and you made so many beautiful things for my twin nephews (crib bedding, pillows, curtains, laundry and basket liners, etc.). Their whole nursery was practially made by YOU! and it is absolutely gorgeous.

It is so sad to think that we won't be able to visit, shop, and enjoy all of your beautiful things anymore. :(

Best of luck to you and your family. Thank you for all of the beautiful things you have made for our family!

Laura, Jen and Chris (from Connecticut)

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

"I hope to see you at Chapin's this Sat. night for Mike P.'s birthday soiree. Be there early."
(I am typing this for "your fellow night-clubber, Eric".)
signed,
his SIL
(ps - I'm friends with Marilee, too)

Anne Marie said...

that's so sad to hear your shop is closing...but your attitude is just right - moving on, and with that smile of yours, you are sure of success!!
what great statues you have!
Our farm and prairie were photographed for that book of Fifi's...she did a fantastic job on that book!! and the writing!

fialka012 said...

Krásný blog...

Emanuela said...

Hi, I love your blog!

Elyse said...

how's our little lizzie doing? well and happy, i hope!

xo
elyse

Fifi o'neill said...

Welcome back dear Lizzie! it has been a long time since I was at your lovely home. I am sorry you had to close the darling shop but it looks like things are good again for you.
Since I last saw you I had 2 books published and now I am producing the 3rd one PRAIRIE STYLE WEDDINGS.

The story on your home was published (in 2 magazines) and I will find the issues and scan them for you.

I might be shooting up your way in the fall and hope to see you then.

Lots of love and much success!
xoxoxoxo fifi