Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Randomness....

O.K....Here's some silly randomness for the day...Some Construction Guys are busily ripping up the street in front of the House/shop...makes for a very quiet (customer-wise!!) day!...Not so quiet in the noise sense but...You guys have been asking for a Kitty update...snapped these pics this weekend also quiet because of the Monsoon like weather that we had!...Here's Rosie...she thinks this is HER bed!...Usually I will find her sound asleep under the Lampshade...silly Kitty!...


Are YOU lookin' at ME???

Now Lucy on the other hand prefers the Quilt Cupboard....

Ah...and here's Kate...she just can't seem to stand seeing a sleeping Kitty without Shrieking how cute they are...which promptly scares the you know what out of them and wakes them up!...She's a piece of work My Kate is!..

Now, Lastly...Is a pillow that I just finished...LOVE it...I was inspired By Rachel Ashwell's newest book!...There's what looks to be a tattered, vintage round pink pillow on the cover and then again shown in the book...LOVED this book!... I personally think it's her best one yet!...LOVE the big pictures...Love the story...it's just really, really inspiring!...and she is amazing...anyway..I think this pillow just might be a keeper!...OK...I'm gonna go see if I can actually get something done today...Hey!...Let me know what YOU think of Rachel's new book!...love to hear your thoughts!...OH!!!...and since this is a random post...I guess I'll throw in that I haven't forgotten about my give-a-way!!...Just been SO busy!...BUT...it's definitely gonna be soon!!!...Talk soon!...OH...Oh!!!...and just look!...check out the ever Fabulous Fifi!!...The link is on the sidebar...(Yup!...I can link on the sidebar...just not in the posts!!!...GRRR!!!)Her FiFi TV is just...well...FABULOUS!!!...Till later!...









18 comments:

Claudia said...

Love the pillow - it turned out beautifully! I have Rachel Ashwell's new book and I think it is fabulous! I love the slight change in her usual look - she is really the best and I'm so glad her shop has opened again!

I love Fifi - and FifiTV!

Thanks for stopping by today - I always love your visits. One day I will get out to your neck of the woods and visit!

Ana said...

Hi there! What a cute "random post." The kitties are too cute. And what a beautiful pillow...love it. Anyway I just wanted and stop by and thank you for your visit and comment. I do hope you come back and visit again soon. Until next time.

Smiles,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

Elyse said...

hello lizzie!

what a drag about the road construction. make sure they're gone this weekend! LOL

your pillow came out AMAZINGly!!!

guess what? i sewed something. all will be revealed on thursday ...

xo

Pink and Pretty Designs said...

Hi Lizzie,
The pillow is amazing, gosh you're clever!
What a cute kitty cat :)

Sheryn xox

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Love the pillow.....very unique!~Patti

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

Ohh wow, I have to have one, is it on the site? Amazingly beautiful! Hugs, Kim

Rose Brier Studio said...

I love the kitties. I'll have to show you my Shop Cats book. Very funny. The pillow is wonderful. My grandma had pillows like that on her bed. They were wonderfully vintage then -- when I was a girl -- but still perfect for her house. Will you teach me how to sew one?

About that construction. I do not think there is a single road I travel in your town that isn't under construction! Really! The main road, the cut-off, a bridge. I'm with Elyse, make them finish by the weekend! (see how much power we give you!)
~Marilee

KarenSue said...

Well that makes me feel better. I can't link or figure out how to do inspirations. I love her new book, I acually paid full price for it. All the rest I was able to get at the Thrift Store. I even buy duplicates when I see them at the Thrift. What is it about kitty's. I have 4! A new one just adopted us. Too cute.

Jennifer said...

Hi I just found your blog.Your kitties are adorable!!!Your store is too.Hugs,jennifer

Roberta said...

Your work is amazing Liz and I agree, this is Rachel's best one yet. xo Roberta

Ticking and Toile said...

wow! you did an amazing job on the pillow! I don't even know how I would begin to make something so darling! just found your blog & it looks so great! can't wait to browse around!

Shellagh

the*pink*princess said...

Hi Lizzie,

Love your blog!!! I'm a friend of Susans(urbangardens) from Australia!!

You have very similar taste to me!!

have a great day!

Lesley : )

{ L } said...

That pillow you just posted is absolutely lovely and the kitty is adorable. BUT BUT...;)

I wanted to tell you that I got your pillow in the mail (so veri cheri winner!) and I'm SUPER EXCITED!! It is lovely! My mom is in love with it too, lol. It truly is beautiful. I especially appreciate all the detail you added to the package!! It was so fun to unwrap the pink tissue with the pink ribbon and your gorgeous tags and kind note...every detail you had in place made it super special! Thank you so much for making my day!

Sandra~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Oh Wow, the pillow is lovely, I do hope your in the process of making more of those.

Hugs-

cupcake studio said...

Aww, your little kitty is so cute!

Pearl Maple said...

too cute kitty photos

Rachel does such beautiful things and inspires us to enjoy the things we find, it is hard to imagine the new book being anything but fabulous

tales from an oc cottage said...

Orange tigers kitties are my absolute favorite and I think this one is the purrrrfect addition to shabby decor!!

m ^..^

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Well, I had a chance to meet Rachel Ashwell in person at one of her book signings in beautiful Malibu. . . I forgot to go! I had it written in RED INK on my calendar and I still forgot. I'm soooo mad at myself! Anyway, love your pillow and I'm looking forward to getting the book!