Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!


I am One of the lucky ones...to have been blessed with the Best Mom on the Planet...She was Funny and Smart and Always Knew EVERYTHING! (Wish I'd have realised that then!..Woulda saved me so much....GRRRR!!!!)...and just a wee bit crazy which made her so much fun!...She was a Teacher down to her very soul...remembered EVERY kid she had...and they remembered her too...It was so funny to see these great big men come up to her in the Local Market...with these great big grins on their faces and Saying "Mrs. Conlin, I bet you don't remember me!"...and then the surprised looks on those faces that reduced them to the little boys that they once were, when she would say Of course I do and would say their name and ask them what they were doing and where were they living!!...Really REMEMBERING them!...Miss her everyday....So...Give your Mom an Extra Hug for me...and enjoy each and every moment...even the crabby ones!!...You will be REALLY happy that you did!!!...Big Hugs to you and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lee Laurie said...

Your Mom sounds like she was a sweetheart! Happy Mother's Day!

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

Hi Biddie! Come by my Paris Rags blog for a Giveaway!! Hugs, Kim

Sandra~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Hi there, The story about your mom is so cute. I laughed about the guys approaching your mom if they remembered them. I bet they were a little bit embarrassed. Anyway It sounds like you had a very loving Mother, and I can say that I did too, and I miss my mom as well. Mothers are precious!!

Enjoy your Day-

Sandra~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Ok I did a oops, I met to say SHE instead of THEY. This is one of those things you ask yourself do I correct it or just leave it.

Sorry-